A lot of things have been said – by many people – about Search Engine Optimization or SEO for blogs. Now is my turn, and here they are:
- Content is really king, especially if it is shareable content. Also, please stick to your context or keywords and never ramble.
- Never, ever employ black or grey-hat techniques. Goggle is extremely smart these days, you’ll regret it.
- Be persistent… keep those blog posts coming. If you write insightful, relevant and shareable content, your ranking will rise.
- Have patience. It takes time to get onto the first page… usually years. And years more to have Top Half presence.
- Believe in yourself. A lot of people will laugh at your efforts, sometimes to the point of ridicule. Give them the finger!
Now, I am not an SEO expert. But I have been running a blog close to 3 years. And truth be told this blog has generated more leads that anything else for my copywriting business.
Although I’m not the type to trumpet myself, check these out:
And that’s my 2 cents about SEO. Cheers to micro businesses!