Okay, maybe I’m slightly overstating the greatness, but I personally thought this was genius.
How visually captivating was that?!
Okay, bobble-head Obama wasn’t the first thing that was sent into space that way. Some dudes sent a beer can off to the final frontier about a year ago.
But originality aside, this was one of the most refreshing videos I’ve watched in recent years.
And with the presidential race heating up in the US, here’s why I think this was a brilliant idea from Obama’s camp:
- Voters get 3 full minutes watching Obama ascend up to space, and then bobble down to earth. More face time, means higher Top of Mind awareness
- The stirring, inspiring background score positions Obama as some sort of a savior. Intentional? Absolutely not.
- The bobble-head effect makes Obama seem light-hearted, warm and approachable. Voters are emotional beings you know?
- The video was done by grass-root supporters – definitely sanctioned by Obama’s campaign managers though – highlighting his popularity
- Depicts Obama as human, after all. Because what goes up, must come down
Now, wouldn’t it be awesome if we could send some of our politicians into space, like, for good?
Ah well, just a silly thought.